There are a number of Adobe Acrobat PDF formated documents and slide
shows available for the NCI MicroArray Explorer.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat, you can download it for free.
The following lists some of the PDF documents you may download
Extending MicroArray Explorer with R Language Scripts
- Poster given at 1st NCI-Frederick Bioinformatics Forum, June 24-25,2003. It presents extending MAExplorer with R using "R Layouts" (RLO)
and the RtestPlugin.
- MicroArray Explorer - An Expandable Open-Source
Java-based Data Mining Tool
- (Revised 9-11-2002) Poster given
at 2nd CHI Microarray Data Analysis conference, Sept 10-11, 2002. It
presents a menu overview of MAExplorer and a discussion of the
MAEPlugins Open Java API interface.
Configuring Sourceforge's CVS to work with Forte (3.0 or later) on
WindowsNT and Windows 2000
- (Revised 9-2002) "How to" that is
specific for MAExplorer.sourceforge.net, by Eric Shen, July 2002. It
is also available as a PowerPoint (PPT) file.
- Overview of MAExplorer
- (Revised 7-10-2001) This is a short slide show giving an overview
- MAExplorer as a microarray data mining tool
- (Revised 9-10-2001) Talk given at Workshop on the Integration of
Genomic and Proteomic databases, Argonne National Labs, Sept. 10-11,
MicroArray Explorer - A Java-based Tool For Data Mining
- (Revised 9-28-2001) Paper presented at the AMS-IMS-SIAM Summer
Conference on Statistics in Functional Genomics (June 10-14, 2001).
- Software Design of the MicroArray Explorer Data Mining
- (Revised 5-16-2002) Describes software design and Java class
structure of the software. It is also available as a PowerPoint (PPT) file.
Nucleic Acids Research 28: 4452-4459, 2000
- First paper describing MAExplorer as a Web application as well
as a stand-alone Java application.
- Introduction To Datamining For Microarrays
- (Revised 10-27-2001) This slide show describes some of the issues
involved in datamining of microarray data. It is also available as a
- This is the entire reference manual converted to a PDF file with
the lower resolution figures (>6Mb). Use the on-line versions to access
the higher resolution figures
- Poster given at the July, 2001 NCI Breast Cancer Think Tank
- (Revised 7-30-2002) This slide show illustrates:
- Using Cvt2Mae to converting array data for MAExplorer. These
slide shows illustrate how to use the Cvt2Mae data format converter on
various types of array data file formats.
- (Revised 1-28-2002)
Examples of MAExplorer functionality
- (Revised 10-27-2001) This slide show illustrates some of the
functionality of MAExplorer using a variety of screen shots.
Using MAExplorer with the NCI/CIT mAdb microarray database server
- (Revised 1-29-2002) This slide show illustrates how to:
- download and install MAExplorer on your computer, and
- download and use data from mAdb with MAExplorer